- This event has passed.
Caring for your Body & Mind. Simple Creative Tools to Unwind & Replenish
May 19 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pmFree
Recharge your physical, emotional & mental vitality in this short live online Tamalpa class.
In fast past, busy, engaged and full lives, finding ‘ t i m e’ and ‘s p a c e’ for oneself to quieten the mind, unwind tension through the body and connect with one’s own heart intelligence can be hard to find time for, let alone sustain without a dedicated practice or focused opportunities.
Tamalpa UK is delighted to be able to offer this Free opportunity to move, dance and draw as part of the national Creativity and Wellbeing week.
In this simple online Tamalpa class participants will have the opportunity to:
- Have the invitation to take time to slow down
- To reconnect with the rhythm of their own breath
- To move to the beat of their own pulse in a natural and organic way
- To tap into what their own body is needing and wanting physically, emotionally and mentally to feel nourished and recharged
- To allow space for their own creativity and body wisdom to express its self
- Create a simple score with activities to carry into life after the session to support caring for their own self and wellbeing.
The class is facilitated live with guided movement explorations and creative activities designed to support participants to feel more embodied, relaxed and recharged, taking away practical resources to support caring for their own body & mind.
“I found the Tamalpa tools helped me to cut through the clutter of everyday life and be kind to myself . I had time to relax and evaluate what was important to me and create some positive ideas to make space in my life for the things that have real meaning to me, amazing!” ~ Tamalpa participant
The online class is a dynamic embodied experience of the Tamalpa Life Art Process®
Please note most of the guided activities will invite participants away from their computer screens and into their own room environment to move, draw and journal write. Time in front of computer screens will be relatively brief in contrast to the creative activities.
What you will need:
- Access to a computer or Ipad that has a camera facility. (The creative activities allow participants to move away from their screen sand work in their own home environments. Please note, the facilitator will still need to see all participants, as the sessions are guided live.)
- Paper and oil pastels, or art materials that are easy to switch between drawing and moving in your own space
- Note book and pen
- The latest version of Zoom downloaded
- Layers of clothing to keep you warm between art activities
- Space to be able to move freely in and lie on the floor without causing injury
- Bottle of water to keep you hydrated
- Optional – yoga mat
For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lian Wilson RSMT/RSME – Creative Director of Tamalpa UK
Lian is a Registered Somatic Movement Therapist RSMT and Registered Somatic Movement Educator RSME with ISMETA (International Somatic Movement Education and Therapy Association) A Tamalpa Practitioner and Dancer. Lian is the Creative Director of Tamalpa UK and an internationally respected Tamalpa teacher.
Her primary interest and passion is in the development of health and wellbeing in individuals and diverse communities through the participation and education of the benefits of dance and somatic movement based expressive arts, notably through the Tamalpa Life Art Process ®.
She was an Assistant Researcher at the Sidney De Haan Research Centre for Arts and Health, Canterbury Christ Church University, supporting research into the benefits of Dance and Dementia and Dance for Falls Prevention.
In her personal & professional life Lian draws upon her love of movement, creativity, nature and ongoing daily practice of living and sustaining a healthy life.