- This event has passed.
Embodiment – Three Centres of Awareness – Tamalpa Life Art Process Workshop
February 20, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pm
This online Tamalpa one day workshop with Helen-Jane Ridgeway is specifically tailored towards health care professionals, psychologists, psychotherapists, coaches & those in training.
The day will focus on ‘embodiment’ through the media of movement, dance, breath work & expressive arts to deepen awareness of personal mythology & as an ongoing supportive resource in life and in our work as practitioners (personally & professionally).
How by focusing on the Tamalpa model of the ‘3 Levels of awareness & response’ we can become more integrated, attune to our clients & ourselves more closely & listen to the wisdom of the body~mind~spirit as an unfolding, guiding system.
This workshop will aim to offer participants the opportunity to;
- Raise body awareness.
- Support & develop an embodied practice & integration of a body focused approach. Introduce the work of Tamalpa, developing & experiencing some of the models & modalities.
- Encourage & support a shift from the analytic mind of interpretation, to creative listening, exploration, art & movement.
- Introduce movement & art as a container for the therapeutic encounter.
- Develop the Tamalpa Life/Art Process as a resource & support, both personally & professionally.
- Expand self-care, deepen Presence & grounded awareness.
Please wear clothing you can move comfortably in. Bring a journal, drawing paper & crayons to the online forum. Make sure you are in a private space where you can move comfortably.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
About Helen-Jane Ridgeway
Helen-Jane Ridgeway is a UKCP registered Integrative Psychotherapist & Supervisor, a Certified Sensorimotor Psychotherapist (specialising in working with trauma), Organisational Coach, a body worker, movement innovator and choreographer and Breath~Body~Mind Trainer.
She is a Tamalpa Movement-based Expressive Arts Therapist & Assistant Director of Tamalpa-UK.
Helen-Jane’s previous professional career in dance, performing arts, choreography and dance education, (teaching in the UK and Europe) has afforded her a special interest and unique understanding of the mind/body relationship. Throughout the UK, Europe and USA she offers embodied movement workshops and trainings, Tamalpa Life/Art Process workshops and Breath~Body~Mind trainings.