Explore Your Body’s Creative Intelligence with Laura Colomban RSMT/ RSME
January 14, 2023 @ 10:00 am - 5:30 pm£65.00 - £99.00
An Introduction to the Tamalpa Life Art Process®
This participatory Live Online one day workshop with Laura Colomban, RSMT/RSME is an opportunity to connect and explore your body’s own creative Intelligence, as you embrace the New Year and the lifestyle changes you wish to create in 2023.
A mixture of Somatic movement, mark making/drawing and creative writing. Pause To Breathe & Move with Creative Curiosity,.
The workshop also acts as an introduction to the Tamalpa Life Art Process®, a body of work spanning over 40years.
Participants will gain insight into specific tools to discover how creativity, movement and dance can be a platform for navigating the compelling issues and themes in their lives. For participants who already have their own Tamalpa practice it is an opportunity to continue and deepen ones own Tamalpa life/art practice, with the added gift of witness insights.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Have the invitation to take time to slow down and rediscover what feels nourishing
- Be guided to reconnect with the rhythm of one’s own breath
- To move freely to the beat of one’s own pulse
- To tap into what the participants own body is needing and wanting physically, emotionally and mentally
- To allow space for each individuals creativity and body wisdom to express its self
- To discover clear insights from the wisdom of their own body
- To be seen and witnessed in a safe and non-judgemental environment
- To leave with renewed energy for life and next steps
- To find out more about the Level 1 Personal Embodiment Online training 2023/24
Laura Colomban, RSMT/ RSME Associate Teacher at Tamalpa UK will be guiding participants through this movement based expressive arts session online.
No art or dance experience is necessary to attend. The online workshop is open to all levels of experience.
Please note the online workshop is not fully in front of the screen for any longer than 45mins – 1 hour at any one time. The majority of activities will be away from the screen and in ones own environment to explore the guided movement and creative explorations.
What do I need for this event?
- A high speed internet connection
- Laptop or computer with video camera
- Please ensure you have enough space to move and dance in your room safely
- Please wear comfortable clothes to move in
- You will need some A2/A3 paper and either oil pastels, coloured pencils, crayons or preferred art materials
- Note book and pen
- Bottle of Water
About Laura Colomban, RSMT/RSME
Laura Colomban is a Registered Somatic Movement Therapist and Educator (ISMETA Institute of Somatic Embodied Therapy Association)and Associate Teacher for Tamalpa UK.
Her methodologies and approach to the body are rooted in the Tamalpa Life / Art Process® and Atem-Tonus-Ton, which she practises as a therapist since 2012 in group and individual sessions.
Producer and co-founder of the Podcast DanceOutsideDance, she graduated with distinction at Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance in London (Master of Fine Arts, Creative Dance Practice), where she has propelled her research on soma, sound and technologically mediated performance practices.
She is fond of collaborative processes, collective making and learning, to create an inclusive teaching methodology in conversation with the politics of everyday life.