Introduction to the Tamalpa Life Art Process® with Lian Wilson RSMT/ RSME
March 1 @ 10:00 am - 5:30 pm£65.00 - £99.00
This participatory Live Online one day Tamalpa workshop with Lian Wilson, RSMT/RSME is an opportunity to connect and explore your body’s own creative Intelligence using our approach to movement based expressive arts.
A mixture of Somatic Movement, Mark making/Drawing and Creative Writing. The day is a time to pause, to breathe & to move with creative curiosity.
The workshop also acts as an introduction to the Tamalpa Life Art Process®, a body of work spanning over 40years.
Participants will gain insight into specific tools to discover how creativity, movement and dance can be a platform for navigating the compelling issues and themes in their lives. For participants who already have their own Tamalpa practice it is an opportunity to continue and deepen ones own Tamalpa life/art practice, with the added gift of witness insights.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Have the invitation to take time to slow down and rediscover what feels nourishing
- Be guided to reconnect with the rhythm of one’s own breath
- To move freely to the beat of one’s own pulse
- To tap into what the participants own body is needing and wanting physically, emotionally and mentally
- To allow space for each individuals creativity and body wisdom to express its self
- To discover clear insights from the wisdom of their own body
- To be seen and witnessed in a safe and non-judgemental environment
- To leave with renewed energy for life and next steps
- To find out more about the Level 1 Personal Embodiment Online training 2023/24
Lian Wilson, RSMT/ RSME Creative Director at Tamalpa UK will be guiding participants through this movement based expressive arts session online.
No art or dance experience is necessary to attend. The online workshop is open to all levels of experience.
Please note the majority of activities will be away from the screen and in ones own home environment to explore the guided movement and creative explorations. Participants will not sit in front of their screens for any longer than 45mins – 1 hour at any one time.
What do I need for this event?
- A high speed internet connection
- Laptop or computer with video camera
- Please ensure you have enough space to move and dance in your room safely
- Please wear comfortable clothes to move in
- You will need some A2/A3 paper and either oil pastels, coloured pencils, crayons or preferred art materials
- Note book and pen
- Bottle of Water
If you require any further details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
“My thanks too to you Lian and the wonderful group members for providing such a safe, creative and meaningful space for movement, reflection and growth. I came away feeling enriched and energised by this special alchemy.”
Breathe and be present,
breathe and feel the
earth underneath your feet.
Breathe and feel the
air filling your lungs.
Just in this moment-
Open your eyes!
Breathe and believe-
This is your
About Lian Wilson, RSMT/RSME Creative Director of Tamalpa UK
Lian is a Registered Somatic Movement Therapist RSMT and Registered Somatic Movement Educator RSME with ISMETA (International Somatic Movement Education and Therapy Association) A Tamalpa Practitioner and Dancer. Lian is the Creative Director of Tamalpa UK and an internationally respected Tamalpa teacher.
Her primary interest and passion is in the development of health and wellbeing in individuals and diverse communities through the participation and education of the benefits of dance and somatic movement based expressive arts, notably through the Tamalpa Life Art Process ®.
She was an Assistant Researcher at the Sidney De Haan Research Centre for Arts and Health, Canterbury Christ Church University, supporting research into the benefits of Dance and Dementia and Dance for Falls Prevention.
In her personal & professional life Lian draws upon her love of movement, creativity, nature and ongoing daily practice of living and sustaining a healthy life.